At SovTech, growth is a top priority. To design and build #worldclass products, we seek individuals with a keen interest in constantly enhancing their skills and expanding their expertise. We are looking for Software engineers that have a combination of technical skills, problem-solving skills, communication skills, collaboration skills, continuous learning, professional experience, and industry knowledge.
- Participating in team activities such as collaborative development and code reviews.
- Taking Initiative on identifying areas for technical improvements / innovations.
- Taking part in cross-team activities such as knowledge-sharing and documentation.
- Coding and developing features for new and existing products to a high technical standards
- Designing software including creating user interfaces, data models, and application architecture.
- Following best practices and adhering to coding standards.
- Write automated tests to ensure that the software they develop is reliable and functions as expected.
- Collaborating with the broader development team, including product managers, designers, and other engineers to ensure that software is developed on time and to the required quality standards.
- Maintaining and updating software applications after they are released, ensuring that the software remains functional and up-to-date.
- Writing documentation, such as technical specifications, user manuals, and other relevant documents, to ensure that software applications can be used effectively by others.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends in their field, researching new tools and technologies that could be used to improve software development processes or the applications they develop.
- Mentoring other engineers: Senior-level software engineers may mentor junior engineers, providing guidance on technical and non-technical topics related to software development.
Skills & experience required
- A good understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) (gathering, design, coding, testing, and maintenance) and ensure best practices and methodologies for each stage of the SDLC.
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures, as these are fundamental concepts used in software development.
- Ensuring that the software developed is free of errors and bugs and posses a good understanding of testing and debugging techniques.
- Knowledge of software design patterns to assist in creating reusable solutions to common software development problems. cleaner, more modular, and maintainable code.
- Database Management and a good understanding of database management concepts, such as data modelling, SQL, and NoSQL databases.
- A good understanding of operating systems and networking concepts.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team and have good communication and project management skills.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, programming languages, and software development methodologies.
- Experience with software design patterns, testing frameworks, version control systems, and software development tools.
- Be able to analyse complex problems and develop effective solutions.
- Passionate about learning and staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and software development trends. Self-motivated and take the initiative to improve skills through online courses, conferences, or personal projects.
SovTech's Engineering Levels
LEVEL 1: Junior Software Engineer (SE1)
I deliver lots of high quality production-ready code with direction from the team
LEVEL 2: Software Engineer (SE2)
I am prolific at delivering resilient and sustainable software projects from design to implementation and rollout
LEVEL 3: Software Engineer (SE3)
I independently identify and deliver software solutions through a set of milestones spanning a specific product focus or a multi-component system
LEVEL 4: Senior Software Engineer (SE4)
I autonomously deliver ongoing business impact across a team, product capability, or technical system
LEVEL 5: Staff Software Engineer (SE5)
I set the multi-year, multi-team technical strategy and deliver it through direct implementation or broad technical leadership.
LEVEL 4: Engineering Manager (EM4)
Is directly managing a team of Software Engineers, with some guidance from more senior managers. Involved in hiring and team processes.
Keen to learn more? Reach out to us and one of our Talent Partners will reach out to start the conversations with our team.