Senior Systems Engineer
About the role:
We are seeking a talented senior systems engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be required to analyze computer networks, develop and implement repairs, modifications, and upgrades, and diagnose and resolve system errors or technical issues.
To be a successful senior systems engineer, you should possess advanced knowledge of hardware and software systems and exceptional analytical thinking abilities. A top-notch senior systems engineer should be able to effectively resolve technical issues and implement cost-effective solutions.
What will you be doing?
- Meeting with the management team to assess and define the system requirements.
- Analyzing network data and infrastructure to determine inefficiencies and problems.
- Developing and designing network architecture and computer systems infrastructure.
- Overseeing the development, installation, configuration, and administration of computer systems.
- Managing project timelines, budgets, and documentation.
- Monitoring computer systems and networks for viruses, malfunctions, and errors.
- Troubleshooting technical issues and developing effective solutions.
- Preparing network analytics, data reports, and operational manuals.
- Training the engineering team on new systems, protocols, and best practices.
- Keeping abreast of the latest advancements in technology, protocols, and best practices.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a similar field.
- Master's degree may be preferred.
- CompTIAA+ or Network+ certification may be advantageous.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a systems engineer.
- Familiarity with operating systems, such as Linux and UNIX.
- Experience with database management software, such as MySQL, Oracle RDBMS, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Excellent scripting skills with knowledge of programming languages, such as Perl, Ruby, and Python.
- Good knowledge of networking protocols, such as TCP, IP, and OSI models.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.